Re: configure tnc-pi on polaric server(java app)

k - HJ4JGG

hi

Randy:VE3YRG
Yes, this is one of the problems that I detect.

you cannot use pitnc_getparams or pitnc_setparams if RF is enabled on the polaric server. This will generate conflict with the port.
if you use it, polaric is not able to open it because there is a lock file from another application.

N5XMT
yes  it take me some time to get this
im using
/dev/ttyS0  thats point to serial0

David:KI6ZHD
2. 5.    yes i enable serial port and disable serial console, so i can access tnc pi  ,
3. ttysS80 was a test to simlink another number. . . . . .
4. it's definitely a ports/user/group problem
6.
Last, no graphical environment, only console

1.
actual working permissions

it is currently working, but I really don't know which of all the changes was the solution. : D
I attach the .bash_history    here all the log   https://pastebin.com/raw/wT3HuLPe

these are the changes that i think helped fix the problem.

sudo chmod 666 /dev/serial0
sudo chown root:polaric /dev/serial0
sudo usermod -aG uucp polaric
sudo usermod -aG uucp pi
sudo chmod o+rw /dev/ttyS0

I'm going to do another laboratory to configure another rpi with tnc_pi and verify in order which commands should be used, or if there is no need to make any changes in the configuration: S

here current setup https://www.flickr.com/photos/atarvaneitor/50520108011/

Thanks for the help

pd: here a ppt about polaric APRS server
http://elafargue.github.io/aprs-box/

El 22/10/2020 a las 9:39 a. m., Randy Greig escribió:
Is it possible that the port is open in another application and java just says that it cannot find it?

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 8:55 AM k - HJ4JGG via groups.io <kalashnikov=compelect.com.co@groups.io> wrote:

hi
i am configuring an app called polaric server, it's like a APRS node whit web interface and other functionalities. a java app.
using a TNC-PI v1 connected to a Rpi3b+, via serial port.

i can access to tncpi via serial0
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/44566/96772497-d55ce300-13a8-11eb-98c3-e82308866790.png

the java app can not access the port serial0

error
-----
okt. 21 14:19:10 ERROR (TncChannel): [rf0] Serial port /dev/serial0 not found gnu.io.NoSuchPortException at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifier(CommPortIdentifier.java:269) at no.polaric.aprsd.TncChannel.connect(TncChannel.java:105) at no.polaric.aprsd.TncChannel.run(TncChannel.java:153) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834
----

here port serial0 permission
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/44566/96772411-b52d2400-13a8-11eb-874f-d0d5e627c5a2.png

How is the correct way to configure the port permissions so that the java application can access the port?

about polaric server
http://aprs.no/dokuwiki/doku.php/polaricserver
https://github.com/PolaricServer

Thanks for the help