Re: [EXTERNAL] [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] TNC-Pi Now Available

On Oct 19, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Kevin Elliott <kevin@...> wrote:

Is there a case that can fit the pi & 3 NinoTNC’s and the related usb enclosed?

The only 3 NinoTNC units I have are made of wood.
I didn’t see any good reason to package a stack of TNCs if it didn’t have the reset of the components.  So this is one version of what we ended up with.  There are 8 different kinds of multiply-produced multi-port node cabinets in our local network.

This package contains the
5.2v regulator for the Raspberry PI 4,
60 amp 14.2v supply,
4 transceivers including a 1200 baud, 4800 baud and two 9600 baud links,
4 NinoTNCs,
Raspberry PI 4 in heat-sink case,
control panel,
fuse box,
ground bus,
charger/switchover for the battery/UPS.

All elements are Velcroed or screwed into the enclosure so it can be picked up an moved by car.

Tadd / KA2DEW
tadd@...
Raleigh NC  FM05pv

North Carolina Off-The-Grid Social Network: http://ncpacket.net/north_carolina_packet_radio_network.html
Packet networking over ham radio: http://tarpn.net/t/packet_radio_networking.html
Local Raleigh ham radio info: http://torborg.com/a

On Oct 19, 2020, at 8:18 PM, Kevin Elliott <kevin@...> wrote:

Is there a case that can fit the pi & 3 NinoTNC’s and the related usb enclosed?

On Oct 19, 2020, at 4:41 PM, Chuck K4RGN <K4rgn@...> wrote:

I think most of us are delighted that the NinoTNC is USB. It allows more flexible cabinetry, the USB has less susceptibility to RFI than an i2c ribbon cable, and the NinoTNC can be connected to a Windows/Mac/Linux box if the need arises. Good-bye to i2c.

The only issue with NinoTNC USB into the Pi is keeping the ttyACMx assignments consistent if you have multiple NinoTNCs in use. But in my experience this is a minor objection. I have 3 NinoTNCs on my Pi.

73 Chuck K4RGN