Re: Powering the Raspberry & TNC.

Roger Elmore

Charles wrote:
I am looking at another device to replace the converter because
this device is not adjustable and is set for 5 V. I need to
increase that to 5.25 to compensate for the drop across the
polyfuse.
I've begun collecting the parts for a pair of PI+TNC-PI combos (for an APRX digi/IGate and a Linux RMS Gateway) in a rack mount case powered from the same Astron RS-50M as the two radios and going to give the $7 LM2596 module (bought from Amazon) a try. 3-40V in and 1.5-35V out at 3A. My plan is to use a separate LM2596 fused at 1A for each PI's input, with a 6A rear panel accessible fuse common to the 13.8V input of each LM2596 and a 80mm fan. Here goes nothing...

On a different note, has anyone experimented with light pipes to bring the PI's LED status to the front panel of a chassis? I've used the Bivar SLP3-450-100-F on a NHRC Micro repeater controller previously but the LEDs on the PI are too close together for those. I was looking at the flexible Bivar LC-2.0 at the Mouser website and was wondering if those might work. Any input from anyone?
--
Roger KJ4AJP