Re: Dragon w/IC-7100 Icom Packet/ARDOP/Packet

John G8BPQ

Jim,

It would be better to ask questions about BPQ on the BPQ32 groups.io forum.

Normally with the Dragon 7800 VHF packet would be on a separate radio and
would not normally involve scanning as VHF packet is generally allows
multiple connects.

You can run packet and pactor on the same port, but normally this would be
on hf and the Dragon only supports Robust Packet, not normal 300 baud
packet. In this (Robust Packet) mode scanning is stopped when a user
connects. It may be possible to configure so that BPQ thinks you are using
Robust Packet even with the TNC set to 1200 baud. If you send me the SCS
port section of your bpq32.cfg I'll see if I can find a way to do this. If
not it will probably need a code change. I do have a 7100 and a Dragon but
am currently away from home so can't test it myself.

73,
John G8BPQ