Re: IC-7300 for ARDOP / WinLink with Pi4

N5XMT

Use sudo telnet. Unpriveleged users can't open the ports

On Jul 27, 2020, at 18:33, vwflyer <vanwormer.john@...> wrote:
Hi David,
Thanks for your reply!
Apparently, when I boot up the pi4 Ardop is not running since nothing happens when I paste in those commands you gave me. I have found that I can start it by typing this into the command line though:
cd ~/ardop ./piardopc 8515 plughw:1,0 plughw:1,0

Although, I have to check which card # the soundcard is using first since it changes from 1 to 2 sometimes after rebooting. After running that command, Ardop seems to be running and I get a response like the first one you showed me.

Running the second command you gave me, "telnet localhost 8515", comes back with "command not found", so I must not have telnet installed, or perhaps running the above command doesn't actually start Ardop, but just the sound card.

As far as the link to the commands you gave me for starting up Ardop, should I cut and paste the whole thing in or just some lines of it?
Sorry, I really know nothing about this and am trying to follow step by step instructions. It makes trouble shooting hard when things don't go perfectly the first time.

Thanks again David,
John
N7BHP