W3DJS CI-V interface

John Brent - VA7WPN

I am trying to help a friend setup his W3DJS raspberry pi. He uses an IC-7000. We have two CI-V interfaces, both show up as ttyUSB0 when plugged in, but we cannot get JS8Call or any of the other software to connect to the radios without error. We have the CI-V baud Rate set to 9600, and the address is the default 70h.

In JS8Call we have the rig set to IC-7000, com port set to ttyUSB0, and baud rate set to 9600. But we get no connection, it does take a min trying, then we get an error. So I think its something were NOT doing right.

Any suggestions. We are using a CI-V interface, and a RadioShack 20-256 programming cable. Both have proven to work via windows.

John Brent
 VA7WPN