Re: PiGate possible with TNC-Pi9k6 and BF HT?

David Ranch

I wanted to really like this list until it mentioned:
--

Others -

  • Wouxun HTs
  • Baofeng HTs
--

I think we've all seen the "exciting" threads recently here on this list about consistent reliability or lack there of with Baofeng radios.  I don't know if Wouxun radios are any better.

On 07/13/2020 12:37 PM, Bill Vodall wrote:
HRO generally has one or two single band radios available at a reasonable price:

 https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-011362

Any of the radios that have a dedicated packet port in the back.
For a list of radios with the mini-din data port:

  https://groups.io/g/nwaprs/wiki/3574

The TH-V71 is currently the best off the shelf radio for packet you're
willing to invest a bit more.

Bill