Re: Help with TNC-Pi9k6 serial0 in YAAC

John G8BPQ

The drive level from TNC to radio is set by setting the TX Level value using pitnc_setparams.

Assuming you are using the 6 pin DIN connector on the 7100 the manual suggests 100mV for 1200 or 0.2 to 0.5 V p-p for 9600. I assume 100mV is the rms value. The peak to peak output from the TNC is approximately 3000/256 times the TX Level setting so a value of around 25 should be about right. There are also level settings in the 7100.

If you are running at 1200 you will probably be best off with the TNC jumper set to 1200 and 9600 mode in the 7100 turned off.

73,
John G8BPQ

On 12/07/2020 07:59, richard.overman@... wrote:
It's at 19200.  I'm using the HamPi image now, and after disabling SSH serial, I can talk to the TNC-pi9k6 and I believe I'm transmitting something based on looking at the signal with an RTL-SDR.  One thing that is odd, is that there is no change in either the pulse of the ammeter on the radio power supply or how the waterfall looks no matter what I set the transmit power to on the IC-7100.  I set it at both extremes of low and high power and it looks like the same power level.  I switched the jumper from 1200 to 9600 and I get a much flatter line, so it looks like I'm transmitting something, just maybe not enough power?  Does the TNC control transmit power through the radio?  Also, I am not using GPS (arrives tomorrow), so I have manually entered in my coordinates.  Thanks for all the help!  HamPi is awesome!

73'
KJ7DDV