locked Re: Disabling Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)

Siegfried Jackstien

for me the readme should say hey this is a raspian (or whatever its name is) image with this and this and this ham app installed

feel free to add another ham app that you think you may need cause linux ... and those ham apps are open source and free

THAT IS WHAT IT SHOULD SAY IN MY VIEW ... not?!?

dg9bfc sigi

Am 10.07.2020 um 01:20 schrieb thegadget techie:

PERFECT!

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 4:26 PM Mark Griffith via groups.io <mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
So let me see if I got this right....

You create an OS image, using the freely available open source Raspbian software (or whatever is the new name), then load it with lots of freely available ham related apps, and a few others that are important to you (also freely available).  Then you promote this as a ham radio image with everything a ham could want, but put in there a README file that says you have to use it as it as created, can't change or remove anything, or you can't use it.  Is that right?

How do we know there isn't some Trojan horse software in there also collecting data and sending it to some anonymous web site for you to use?  So perhaps you ARE tracking who has downloaded this and is using it so in the future some sort of request for a donation will pop up on the screen?

Just curious.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 4:24:07 PM CDT, Dave Slotter, W3DJS <slotter@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 05:20 PM, Dave Wade wrote:

I wonder how many of the 6000 have read the licence?

Why not put it in the list of software?

I wonder if you have read the README, because it's in there. I knew that trolls would harass me if I didn't put it there. And even though I put it there, I'm still getting harassed by trolls.

--
- Dave
  W3DJS