locked Re: More thoughts on Open Source software

Jeff Palmer

Cool man,

Stop using HamPi, if thats what you feel is the right move. It's a
freedom you enjoy to make that decision for yourself. No real need to
announce it.
Stop seeding the BT, if you feel that is the right move. It's a
freedom you enjoy to make that decision for yourself. No real need to
announce it.

I, for one, will continue seeding along with the other 40+ seeders,
because I feel it's the right move. It's a freedom *I* enjoy to make
that decision for myself.

However, the admins have made it very clear that this group is not
the appropriate place to debate Licensing intricacies, so much so,
that they locked the original thread (as you are aware by
acknowledging it in your post.) Maybe we should respect their wishes?

Admins - Can we go ahead and kill this thread too? Before it becomes "a thing"

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:06 AM Kevin Zembower via groups.io
<kzembower=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:ยจ

It looks like the admins did disable the original thread, so I'll just start my own...

I agree with those opposed to the mandatory use of BOINC in the HamPi distribution. I believe that the distributor's license, while unenforceable, is also contrary to the spirit and letter of Open Source software, in demanding that I use my computing resources for something I may or may not support.

I have erased the HamPi distrubution and will not use it. Furthermore, as one of the BitTorrent feeds, I will no longer participate in distributing HamPi.

-Kevin
KC3KZ

--
Jeff Palmer