locked Re: Disabling Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)

John G8BPQ

Good Idea.

All posts are now moderated. Any referring to this issue will be deleted without notice.

I apologise for the possible delay to useful messages but this is not the place to discuss the merits of taking GPL'd software, incorporating it into you own product, and distributing under a more restrictive licence.

73,
John G8BPQ

On 10/07/2020 02:00, Ray Wells wrote:
Can somebody in admin block this ongoing crap? We've all reached saturation point.

Ray vk2tv

On 10/7/20 10:16 am, N5XMT wrote:
Take off the tinfoil hat.  Again, if you don't like the licensing, don't use it.  Pretty simple.
Maybe stop acting like the snowflake BLM protestors and act like an adult

Get BlueMail for Android <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=15894>
On Jul 9, 2020, at 16:26, "Mark Griffith via groups.io <http://groups.io>" <yahoo.com <mailto:mdgriffith2003=<a>@groups.io target=_blank>mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com <http://yahoo.com>@groups.io> wrote:

    So let me see if I got this right....

    You create an OS image, using the freely available open source
    Raspbian software (or whatever is the new name), then load it with
    lots of freely available ham related apps, and a few others that
    are important to you (also freely available).  Then you promote
    this as a ham radio image with everything a ham could want, but
    put in there a README file that says you have to use it as it as
    created, can't change or remove anything, or you can't use it.  Is
    that right?

    How do we know there isn't some Trojan horse software in there
    also collecting data and sending it to some anonymous web site for
    you to use?  So perhaps you ARE tracking who has downloaded this
    and is using it so in the future some sort of request for a
    donation will pop up on the screen?

    Just curious.

    Mark
    KD0QYN

    On Thursday, July 9, 2020, 4:24:07 PM CDT, Dave Slotter, W3DJS
    <slotter@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 05:20 PM, Dave Wade wrote:

        I wonder how many of the 6000 have read the licence?

        Why not put it in the list of software?

    I wonder if you have read the README, because /it's in there/. I
    knew that trolls would harass me if I didn't put it there. And
    even though I put it there, I'm still getting harassed by trolls.

    --     - Dave
    W3DJS <https://www.qrz.com/db/W3DJS>