locked Re: HamPi on a 128GB SD-Card

Mark Griffith

Well, I suppose my 30+ years also means something too?  Eh?

I guess you just haven't seen enough yet.  My apologies.

Argue away.  I'm not listening, so your audience is elsewhere.

Mark

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 9:23:46 AM CDT, Jeff Palmer via groups.io <jeff@...> wrote:

OK,  Now I am trying to argue.

There are absolutes in this field.  Disk images ARE absolute.
writing them to a disk IS absolute.  It overwrites *everything* that
holds any old layout.  That is simply a fact.  Your observations,
while relevant, are not *accurate*.  There is a significant
difference.  correlation does NOT equal causation.

30 years as a unix admin, dealing with disk images.. I'm fairly
confident that I have "enough experience" to have learned what a disk
image is, does, and doesn't do.

One time, I bought new shoes.  I immediately stubbed my toe while
wearing them.  Correlation:  new shoes = stubbed toes.  Causation:  I
wasn't actually paying attention, and kicked something by accident.
Facts are facts man. properly formatted and written disk images work
100% of the time.  IF it doesn't, as I mentioned in the last email,
something else was the cause.  Period.

--
Jeff Palmer
Palmer IT Consulting, LLC.