locked Re: HamPi on a 128GB SD-Card

Mark Griffith

The existence of a partition or filesystem on an SD card *should not* make any difference when writing an image, but it sometimes does.  That's why I say NOT to format the card before copying the image.  In most cases, I would say it doesn't make a difference, but I have seen some where it has.

Also, I'm hoping all those that are using a giant SD card for the image know to use raspi-config to then expand the filesystem so all of the big SD card is used.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 7:32:23 AM CDT, Jeff Palmer via groups.io <jeff@...> wrote:

Interesting.

Since etcher is writing a raw disk image, the existing filesystems,
partitions, or layouts shouldn't matter (or affect writing the image)

For what it's worth, I have HamPi running on a 128gb sd card.  I used
etcher, and never had an issue.  I hope that helps.

--
Jeff Palmer
Palmer IT Consulting, LLC.