Re: Help with TNC9k6 setup

Don Poaps

Yes the 10.10.10.10/admin works. However, trying to log into pi by terminal the password raspberry is denied. I tried the password as mentioned in doc file as well that failed. I'm going to wait till my new SD cards show and copy the version 2 image to it. Just for info's sake. They have been no changes in logging via terminal using pi and raspberry as a password?? As I can't log in to run raspi-config

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:44 AM Mark Griffith via groups.io <mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Don,

What "terminal"??  SSH and VNC are already going on the PiGate.  Just use an SSH client or VNC Viewer on your PC to access.  For that matter, why do you want to login to the command line?  Everything is controlled through the web based administration pages.  Just use your web browser to connect like it says in the docs.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 11:40:29 PM CDT, Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:

Mark

I'm still having issues with version 2. As mentioned before I can't log in via terminal to turn on shh or vnc.

73

Don va7dgp
Another Don

On Tue., Jun. 30, 2020, 9:25 p.m. Mark Griffith via groups.io <mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Don,

I would not mess with the settings in any of the files on the PiGate image.  They are all there specifically to work with the TNC-Pi2 or TNC-Pi9k6 and if you make changes, it may not work.  I also wouldn't mess with any of the OS parameters, like turning the serial ports on or off.  Everything is setup correctly and it's really a plug and play image.  All you need to do is the initial setup outlined in detail in the docs.

If you have made changes, and you don't remember how to put them back exactly as before, just copy a new image to the SD card.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 11:08:56 PM CDT, Don Munson <w4gfq@...> wrote:

That makes sense.  I just tip toed my way in a clean flash of PIGATE and could not get the parameters (again) even though I had shell through serial off.  I traced the error (I LOVE GOOGLE!) to the AX25 director and AXPorts.  Turned off the TNC line rebooted and got parameters – so it is still there LOL.  BUT I did find the TNC line and went – hmm bet that would help!

So now I’m off to read up on the AXPorts file and how to set that up.

Slowly but surely I’m going to win this skirmish.

Thanks for the response and being there as needed.

Don, W4GFQ