CAT Control difficulty with IC7300

Ron McCall

I have run into a problem with my new Raspberry Pi 4 and WSJT-X.  Just got the Raspberry.  Trying to set up WSJT-X, making all the configuration selections the same as what I have on my Windows laptop.  Both are running the latest version of WSJT-X.  When I try to test the CAT function on the Raspberry, it will put the IC-7300 into Transmit mode, but will not release it.  I have to shut off the radio to get it to stop transmitting.  I don’t know what I’m missing.
The Raspberry version of WSJT will read and decode incoming signals, but will not read the frequency, but will not let me change bands with the computer, and I cannot respond to CQs.
I’d appreciate any help.  I’m not new to computers, but I am new to Raspberry.