Re: DRAWS activation

I am observing an issue on RPi 4 and have passed to the engineers for validation.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 3:46 PM John D Hays - K7VE via groups.io <john=hays.org@groups.io> wrote:
I had a few minutes and loaded up the bittorrent version of the image, and burned it to a 32 GB SD card using the Balena Etcher program.

I first placed it in a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and booted it up.  Did the usual setup responses.  Rebooted. Then edited /boot/config.txt according to the document on the desktop, and rebooted.  After boot up it was nominal with the devices created in /dev (also then expanded the filesystem using raspi-config)  This had an early version DRAWS™ HAT.

I then powered down and moved the SD Card over to a Raspi 4 (4GB) and booted it.  Again, it was nominal with the devices created in /dev  This had a more recent (SMA on End) DRAWS™ HAT

I also went to /proc/device-tree/hat  and looked through the product* and vendor files and it was reporting as expected.

If the 'hat' information isn't there, you might check your dmesg and /var/log/syslog for any diagnostic hints.  Also verify your HAT is properly seated.

Kingston, WA
K7VE

Kingston, WA
K7VE