Re: TV HDMI #pi

w9ran <w9ran@...>

Hopefully this isn't your issue, but I recently found one of my Pi 3Bs would no longer display hdmi output even though it has for months.   A different Pi worked fine on the same monitor and cable.   Since ssh was enabled I was able to communicate with it and tried all the stuff you find in the FAQs, knowing it wasn't just a config.txt setting because there was no video at startup which comes from the bootloader not from Linux.   Google searching confirmed that random hdmi hardware failure on the Pi is not unheard of.   Since the composite video works and the published documentation doesn't show anything beyond the hdmi connector I'm not optimistic about being able to fix it, but am open to suggestions.

73, Bob W9RAN