Re: TNCPi WITH YAESU FT 7900R

Jim Lange

You need to use the 1200 port on the radio. The other is for high speed packet and won’t work with a TNC that isn’t made for it. Otherwise all is good.

Sent by me

On Jun 23, 2020, at 13:13, Al Massaro <almassaro1@...> wrote:

OK I am thinking of trying a TNCPi with a ft 7900r, the pigate site shows the pinout for a FT 2800/2900 using the mic port. My question is my 7900 has a rear data port why can't I use it? Her is a comparison of the 28/2900 mic pinout and my plan for my 7900. Do I need to figure out and use the pinout for the 7900 (MH48A6J) MIC PORT instead? Below left mic pinout from website, Below right my plan for 7900.
<dummyfile.0.part>
<dummyfile.1.part>