Re: HamPi 1.0 Released!

Marty Hartwell

Hi Dave

I finally figured it out, I had expected it to open the transmission tool automatically

like in previous uses. I has finished downloading and is now seeding for others. I

have sent Dave a direct email informing him of my success too. I am going to leave the

seed up for a few days to allow for others to follow suit.

Thanks

Marty kd8bj

On 6/20/20 9:35 AM, N5XMT wrote:
torrent file is attached at the bottom of the 1st post.  if it downloads it to the PC instead of opening the torrent client, go to the downloads folder and double click it, then your torrent client should open

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 6:59 AM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

I followed that link and got a 404 message. I also followed the link in the first message

with the Highlighted HamPI 1.0 link and got to the github site and couldn't ID how to

do the torrent. Nothing obvious  to me anyway. And are the links in the bottom for the

various prefixs the links to do a normal download? If so I may try one of those anyway to

see if it is more obvious.

Marty kd8bj

On 6/19/20 4:37 PM, Dave Slotter, W3DJS wrote:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 05:09 PM, Marty Hartwell wrote:

Hi Dave

I have looked on several of the sites you had in one of the emails sent out announcing

the new program now named HamPi, I can't see where to get started with bit torrent.

Usually when I click on a link it asks me if I want to use Torrent, so far it hasn't.

Marty kd8bj

Hi Marty,

The first message in this thread has the attached .torrent file: https://groups.io/g/RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio/message/11340

Hope this helps.