Re: PiTNC9k6 and BTECH UV25X4 mobile

Ray Wells

It's not bashing, it's the honest truth. Those cheap radios are crap for
most things but worse for digtal, and I own one that has been shelf
decoration for three years. You get what you pay for.

With my Baofeng, even running open mute to overcome the horrendous mute
release time wouldn't allow me to use it for packet.

Experienced people here are trying to help you, not put you down.

Ray vk2tv

On 18/6/20 11:41 am, N5XMT wrote:
maybe the people that bash the inexpensive radios should buy me one
then.  Not all of us have 400-500 buchs to throw into a rig.
How about a little less self rightousness?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:32 PM Mark Griffith via groups.io
<http://groups.io> <mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io
<mailto:yahoo.com@groups.io>> wrote:

I can't count the number of people that have contacted me about
packet problems only to find out they are using a Baofeng radio.
These are just not good radios for digital modes.  If you want
something that works reliably, get a better radio, or you can
continue to be frustrated.

My 2 cents.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 8:24:52 PM CDT, N5XMT
<dacooley@... <mailto:dacooley@...>> wrote:

There are 6 winlink nodes listed within 10 miles of me, the
closest 2 are only 2 miles away.  I have been monitoring the
freq's most of the day and attempted connection to all of them.  I
have heard 0 traffic all day on any of them.  so no connection.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:49 PM Mat Murdock
<mat.murdock@... <mailto:mat.murdock@...>> wrote:

Is there a Winlink node in your area?  Do you have access to a
Windows computer?

Mat