Re: PiTNC9k6 and BTECH UV25X4 mobile

N5XMT

maybe the people that bash the inexpensive radios should buy me one then.  Not all of us have 400-500 buchs to throw into a rig.
How about a little less self rightousness?

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:32 PM Mark Griffith via groups.io <mdgriffith2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I can't count the number of people that have contacted me about packet problems only to find out they are using a Baofeng radio.  These are just not good radios for digital modes.  If you want something that works reliably, get a better radio, or you can continue to be frustrated.

My 2 cents.

Mark
KD0QYN

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 8:24:52 PM CDT, N5XMT <dacooley@...> wrote:

There are 6 winlink nodes listed within 10 miles of me, the closest 2 are only 2 miles away.  I have been monitoring the freq's most of the day and attempted connection to all of them.  I have heard 0 traffic all day on any of them.  so no connection.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:49 PM Mat Murdock <mat.murdock@...> wrote:
Is there a Winlink node in your area?  Do you have access to a Windows computer?

Mat