Re: RTC Confusion

N5XMT

It doesn't have an RTC, but with a network connection, it does to an NTP server query and gets the time from the internet

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 4:03 AM Pete Moscatt <pgmoscatt@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 2017 Raspberry Pi 3 B+ which I am in the process of setting up for Amateur Radio.
After looking through the internet it was clear that one of the first things I needed to sort out was the RTC Module as the board
doesn't have one out of the box.

So I went ahead and bought a RTC, but before I plugged in I thought I would issue the 'date' command
through Terminal.

It returned the Date and Time that were correct.

I was under the impression that the standard Pi had no clock onboard??

Pete VK4CCV