Re: RTC Confusion

John Wiseman

It doesn't have an RTC but so long as the Pi is connected to the Internet it will get the time from there.

You only need an RTC i(or other clock source, eg GPS) f you want to run without an Internet connection.

73,
John G8BPQ

On 17/06/2020 12:03, Pete Moscatt wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 2017 Raspberry Pi 3 B+ which I am in the process of setting up for Amateur Radio.
After looking through the internet it was clear that one of the first things I needed to sort out was the RTC Module as the board
doesn't have one out of the box.

So I went ahead and bought a RTC, but before I plugged in I thought I would issue the 'date' command
through Terminal.

It returned the Date and Time that were correct.

I was under the impression that the standard Pi had no clock onboard??

Pete VK4CCV