Re: PiTNC9k6 settings

John Wiseman

My board has a 3 way header for each of the Pi Serial port pins (JP3 and 4). The right hand pair of jumpers connects to the Teensy Serial 1. The left hand pair connects to the ESP Header (which is also connected to the Teensy Serial 3) so it can be a little confusing. With the jumpers on the right hand pins and with this in TeensyConfigPacket

#define HOSTPORT Serial1
#define SERIAL1SIZE 512
#define HOSTSPEED 19200

#define MONPORT Serial

the host connection is on the Pi Header and monitor/debug output is on the USB serial port.

The Teensy will appear as i2c device 30 (Hex 1E), but this is only for configuration, not data transfer.

73,
John G8BPQ

On 15/06/2020 05:34, N5XMT wrote:
My coastal chipworks board is that same one and goes to pins 0 and 1.
The new K2MJM V2 runs the pi serial to ports 7 and 8 thru the jumpers next to the GPIO header.  Those were swapped RX/TX as well.  Just used 2 jumper wires and cross jumped those headers and serial now works with hosstserial set to serial3 in TeensyConfigPacket.h

On Jun 14, 2020, at 21:24, Mat Murdock <mat.murdock@...> wrote:
My version 1.3 5/21/2016 PCB from Costal Chipworks has pins 0 and 1 going to the PI headers.  pin 7 and 8 are not connected to anything.  Do you have a different version?

Mat