Re: 8Gb RPI4 info...

Dave Wade

Ron,

It would struggle to be any more useless that the horrid Intel Atom Netbook I bought a year or too ago. Even the later dual-core netbooks are abdominal creatures.

I still keep it for “Emergencies” but really it is, as my dad would have said, neither use nor ornament, and I am sure a PI 4 would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Dave

G4UGM

(and before any one says it, it doesn’t matter which OS, Windows/XP, 7 or 10, or a host of light weight Linux systems. All are equally slow)

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io <RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Liekens
Sent: 09 June 2020 10:29
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] 8Gb RPI4 info...

I do not see the gain of producing a 8 Gb Pi4. The Pi is not going to replace a good working laptop even if it has 8 Gb. Its simply to perform very poorly in everyday use even compared to a present day Celeron cpu or even beter a new generation AMD cpu. There are other SBC's that are more suitable for this. This said I love the PI4b every day as a low cost SBC for what it does with radio's. Just my 2 cents.

Ron, ON2RON

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.