Re: 8Gb RPI4 info...

N5XMT

The beta 64 bit version if the Raspberry Pi OS (used to be Raspbian, but they renamed it) really runs pretty good.  I have quite a few items running on mine, with the Pi 4B 8G overclocked to 1.75GHz.  So far, no glitches, hiccups or errors, and it boots directly to a SSD after the first flash of the beta boot loader firmware is installed.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:31 PM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

Hi John

I see my mistake, on a previous email from someone the Subject lead me to believe the

Raspberry PI 64 bit was in beta testing, however in Parens it said Raspian was in beta testing.

I can go ahead and order the 8GB one and then wait for the next issue of the OS.

Marty kd8bj

On 6/8/20 2:20 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
I think they all are 64 bit hardware, it is the OS that determines if it runs in 32 or 64 bit mode.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:19 PM Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

Hi Joe

Is it one of the 64bit ones?

Marty kd8bj

On 6/8/20 1:15 PM, Joe, KO8V wrote:
Just had one delivered today from CanaKit.

Joe, KO8V

Kingston, WA
K7VE