Re: The initial question...

Chuck M

I used a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB card.  Class 10 speed.  While back there was a thread going on re what do all of the designations on the card mean.  Buy name brand, Class 10 min.  Eventually hope to settle on a version and use a SSD with it.  There are some cases on Thingiverse and commercially available to accommodate a RPi4 with SSD, cooling fan(s), etc.

Used a program called RUFUS to write the image.  Rufus - The Official Website (Download, New Releases)   Nice program, runs as stand alone.   No installation required.

Have had problems writing new images on previously used cards.  Created some notes for myself on how to use DISKPART from Windows to remove write protection and other issues, then reformat the card.  If there's interest, I'll send it out as a PDF.  As always, use it at your own risk.  YMMV, PPNGOFR, etc.

Chuck
KD9DVB

On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 11:53:18 AM EDT, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe@...> wrote:

Hi

What size micro SD card did you use to load the W3DJS build?

Marty kd8bj

On 6/4/20 10:45 AM, Chuck M via groups.io wrote:
Jason, KM4ACK, has a video on issues with latest version of Buster and sound cards.  See to get details.

He's also working on V3 of his build a pi script.  Looking forward to checking that out.

In meantime, need to get back to testing features of W3DJS's pi build.

73
Chuck
KD9DVB

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:38 AM, Marty Hartwell

Hi Trigger

Just wondering here, Stretch version of the Raspian OS is replaced by Buster now, second

version I think, maybe with that upgrade the software might work.

Welcome to the group.

Marty kd8bj

On 6/4/20 10:17 AM, Trigger X wrote:
Hi, is there a collective opinion that favours a particular OS for radio on the Pi? I have 'Stretch' on my 4 and 3B+ though I cannot get WSJT-X working on either and GQRX won't open. Cubic SDR works ok but I cannot figure out how to get the RTL-SDR dongle to rx HF. Thanks in advance. Stay safe.