Re: New Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM :: native 64bit version of Raspberry Pi OS (was Raspbian) in Beta

Steve WB3LGC

one additional upgrade to the OS is the ability to overclock (more) and if overclocked, it will get hotter.
Going 4G to 8G will put RAM at a higher density - hotter?
Even my stock 4G, I use a metal case - heatsink... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZX4NTCN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the finned heatsink with fan, too. I have the version without the fan but thinking was to place with a separate fan "kit"...

73, steve WB3LGC

On 5/31/20 3:16 PM, John Spoonhower wrote:
I have that case on a raspberry pi 4 currently. It's  a good case as the pi 4 runs hot. However,  it's not clear how  this relates to the additional memory and 64 bit addressing space.
NX2I