From: Donald J. Tambeau <tambeaud@...>
To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: No help? Wireless D-LINK DWA-131

Hello Danny,
    Thank you for your help.  Without the D-LINK-131
plugged in a USB port, I plugged in a cable to the network adapter of my Rasp Pi
and connected to the internet.   I went to the D-Link website and
downloaded the Linux driver for the     DWA-131
adapter.  Now I have the driver
“dwa131_linux_drivers_100.tar.gz�  in the
/home/pi/downloads   directory on my Rasp Pi.   I am not
sure how to proceed with this (tar.gz) file.   I think it has to be
decompressed and then install.   Can you or anybody else explain how
to do this.   Also .....does it have to be in a certain
directory?
Thank you
Don
VE3HOL