Re: 3d printed case advice? #flrig

Randon Loeb

Tadd-
What software did you do the PCB with? Many of the newer PCB layout software (KiCad, Eagle) are parts of suites that can output a 3d design file of the board populated with components, which makes it easier to create cases.

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 5:42 PM Tadd KA2DEW in NC via groups.io <tadd=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Randon,
  Our packet radio project could definitely use some housings.
Check out our board:
  Tadd - KA2DEW

On May 11, 2020, at 7:22 PM, Randon Loeb <randonloeb18@...> wrote:

Are there particular gotchas in cases for ham-related pis? I don't plan on any hats, idea will be just flrig
to control ft-891 and audio via usb sound dongle, maybe usb gps for time.

Other than the usual ventilation for these hot-running pis, anything else I'll wish I had planned for? Only
other thing I can think of is maybe to have the case hold the buck converter for the 12v->5v.

I will 3d print it myself, have done so for a handful of 3b+s for various uses, though could buy if price is not ridiculous.

Thanks
Randy KN4YRM