Re: 3d printed case advice? #flrig

Randon Loeb

Literally 5 minutes ago dropped KM4ACK a question about mumble server on one of his videos. My goal will be to use mumble for voice and the ft-891 controlled by the pi remotely. Fan, and extra heat sinks on the usb ports.

Here's the case I made for my dmr pi.
image.png

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 8:14 PM Chuck M via groups.io <cam51mail=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

rrr

Great to have another 3D printer and RPi person in the group.
Top photo shows the orange stand printed for my CS108G+ and ham shack buddy.  He was around a 18.5 hour print.  My 3B+ runs hot, so printed a case that could accept a cooling fan.

Check out KM4ACK on youtube..  Has some good videos and scripts for loading just about any ham program on your RPi.

Only issue I've found is that it can't run netlogger.  No version available for RPi ARM processor.

73s
Chuck
KD9DVB

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 7:22 PM, Randon Loeb
Are there particular gotchas in cases for ham-related pis? I don't plan on any hats, idea will be just flrig
to control ft-891 and audio via usb sound dongle, maybe usb gps for time.

Other than the usual ventilation for these hot-running pis, anything else I'll wish I had planned for? Only
other thing I can think of is maybe to have the case hold the buck converter for the 12v->5v.

I will 3d print it myself, have done so for a handful of 3b+s for various uses, though could buy if price is not ridiculous.

Thanks
Randy KN4YRM