Re: CAT Control Options

Mike B

"I need some guidance on identifying available cables to allow FLRIG to control the RIG via CAT as built in the
script / setup."

A specific question...just because ebay has a CAT cable, doesn't mean it will work...how do I know?   I bought an ebay usb CAT cable...it recognized the radio...but would not allow radio to transmit.

So I gave a specific answer...there are serial to CAT cables available...and from there you can use a generic USB to serial adapter.

And that adapter will be plug and play with the Pi.

Mike

I have to ask...is that how you mentor other amateurs trying to learn something new in the hobby?

On 4/20/2020 1:48 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
That was not a mean answer.  It was a link that will help you get to a search.

The search lists a number of places to get the cables at different price points.

You don't need a USB to serial cable, if the cable is USB to the proper CAT connection.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:42 AM Mike B <kf5dey@...> wrote:
If you are going to give a mean answer...why answer at all.

I am pretty sure all of those radios have available serial cables to CAT.

From there you use a USB to serial adapter...I use a generic one I got on Amazon... it is plug and play on the Pi basically.

Mike

On 4/20/2020 1:34 PM, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
I use these USB cables on Raspberry Pi to do CAT control on Yaesu and on Icom

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:12 AM Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ via groups.io <ewbloom=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
In working on using the Build A Pi script from Jason, KM4ACK, I have come across the need for assistance.

I need some guidance on identifying available cables to allow FLRIG to control the RIG via CAT as built in the
script / setup.

I own an older FT-450 (currently my main Base HF Rig using a SignaLink), an FT-897 (my target HF Rig for
mobile / portable ops) and an ICOM 718 (currently planned to be my back shack rig with a SignaLink and also
connected to my 80m dipole).

The reason I am looking for cable for all three rigs is that I will eventually want to move away from the big PC
I am using in my shack and move the PI and totally 12v operation.

Thank you in advance for your help in locating cable options for CAT control on the PI for these rigs.

Ed Bloom, KD9FRQ
ewbloom@...
Sent from Webmail access

Kingston, WA