Re: Backup recovery

Marty Hartwell

I get my Sandisk 10 Micro SD cards in 32GB or 64GB from Office Depot, and have had good luck

with them in my Pi 2B+ and now my Pi4 4GB. I haven't done any price comparison but about $18

or there abouts.

Marty kd8bj

On 4/9/20 3:38 PM, Max via groups.io wrote:
So where are you getting these cards from and what brand are they? I just did a quick search and only found full size SD cards not uSD. And the ones I found also were only 2 or 4 gig in size. I'll look harder when I have some time.

Max KG4PID

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 03:19:20 PM CDT, John Tetreault (WA1OKB) <john.h.tetreault@...> wrote:

That's my point...  Spend the extra on a SLC Industrial grade SD card.... I've had consumer grade SanDisk cards fail right out of the packaging, and typically they all fail after a year or so.... Industrial grade SLC cards... I've never had one fail.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020, 4:10 PM Allen <alhiggins@...> wrote:
John,
   Did you read what happened to the cheaper cards with one company? The read write access was pretty active and they all four failed. When they brought them back out of the field the found that the micro SD cards had holes blown in the data area and they failed. So for a buck or two I would rather be safe then have it crash and the SD card render useless. Like in my MFJ1234. Just my thoughts.
Allen Higgins
KE8KZO