From: Donald J. Tambeau To: Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO@...
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Raspberry_Pi_4-Ham_RADIO] Re: No help? Wireless D-LINK DWA-131

Hello Danny,
    Thank you for your help.  Without the D-LINK-131 plugged in a USB port, I plugged in a cable to the network adapter of my Rasp Pi and connected to the internet.   I went to the D-Link website and downloaded the Linux driver for the     DWA-131 adapter.  Now I have the driver  “dwa131_linux_drivers_100.tar.gz”  in the    /home/pi/downloads   directory on my Rasp Pi.   I am not sure how to proceed with this (tar.gz) file.   I think it has to be decompressed and then install.   Can you or anybody else explain how to do this.   Also .....does it have to be in a certain directory?
Thank you
Don
VE3HOL

Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 2:17 PM

Hi Don
In the setup guide it says to install the drivers before you plug in the adaptor but the included drivers are for windows or MAC you have to go to D-Link's web site to get the Linux drives. I wen't and downloaded the drivers but I think the instalation instructions assumes the user has more Linux
experence than I have. I opened wicd and it was able to see my wirless router but when I clicked connect it failed. Also when I logged into the router it sees the Raspberry an has given it an I.P address. There is a help section on the company web site that says to push the button on the end of the adaptor then push the wps button on the router but I haven't tryed that yet if that dosen't work I will contact the help center to see if they can help me get the drivers installed. If one of us gets it working we should write it up and post it to the files section.
Danny
   WB9RIM