Re: Solar APRS digipeater #networking

John Tetreault (WA1OKB)

I know my APRS ht is transmitting narrow band, but I had considered that possibility and tried setting the 818v module to wide band just in case... Same result.

It truly is a mystery at this point.

Worst case, the guy who makes the module has offered to ship me 2 new ones on Monday....so if it is a case of them somehow being defective that should address it... Meanwhile I keep tinkering over the weekend.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020, 6:33 PM Ray Wells <vk2tv@...> wrote:
John,

Somebody else touched on deviation, and what you described is typical of
the signal being over deviated for the rx module. Could it be that the
module is configured for narrow band (nominally 2.5kHz) rx while your
test tx is sending wideband (nominally 5kHz) deviation? That you can
hear a voice modulated signal points to an audio level problem for
packet audio. Can you reduce the audio level going to the HT? Do you
have an oscilloscope so you can look at the audio going into the HT?

HTH
Ray vk2tv