Re: Cannot currently show the desktop

KK4JOW

I am using WiFi

On Feb 25, 2020, at 9:49 PM, KC3CCD <kc3ccd@...> wrote:

You said disconnect HDMI and Ethernet. VNC needs the Ethernet connected if you are not using WiFi and is in the same network as the place you want to connect from.

Sent from my 📲

On Feb 25, 2020, at 12:42 PM, Diane Brzeski <KK4JOW@...> wrote:

I have loaded a few sd cards with the KM4ACK pi build and some with the W3DJS image. I set them all up using an ethernet connection and an hdmi connection. All goes well. I VNC into them and I can see the desktop on my computer or tablet. I shut down with no problems. When I disconnect the hdmi as well as the ethernet and try to just connect through VNC, I see the message "cannot currently show the desktop". What would be the display resolution that I need? I have tried a few different resolutions and when hdmi is plugged in my tablet sees the desktop. Without hdmi plugged in, no desktop. I know VNC is connecting to the pi but not able to display the desktop. Is there a different way to set screen resolutions other than from the configuration menu?
Any suggestions, please???