Re: Now that coastal Chipworks is gone

Dan Dicke

Mfj‘s tnc-x is bigger than my raspberry pi, 7” raspberry pi touch screen monitor with two Tnc pi’s mounted on the rpi all put together!  Defeats the purpose!  We already have all this functioning with a laptop, radios, KPC3 TNCs!  We are trying to make the system small and light weight for field use!

Dan Dicke Electric
Sent via IPhone

On Feb 2, 2020, at 18:25, Tadd KA2DEW in NC via Groups.Io <tadd@...> wrote:

Interesting.  I heard MFJ was going to take the designs and sell them at a higher price. see MFJ’s version of TNC-X

Our packet group decided to make our own.  http://tarpn.net/t/nino-tnc/nino-tnc.html
we intend to deliver for cost to support packet radio and get our name out there.

Tadd --- Sent from Planet X

On Feb 2, 2020, at 9:13 PM, Doug Henry <doug.henry1@...> wrote:

I spoke to John last week. He said someone is taking over his firm and new units should be available in March. They will advertise somewhere I assume.

Doug VE1ZG