Re: Still having a problem, please help

KK4JOW

Yay!!!! So, Ive worked it all out and I am up and running.
My first problem was with the hotspot and I followed some posters suggestions but failed at each. Finally I found a post from Dave W3DJS himself and it worked!!! Here is what he said:
 Dave Slotter, W3DJS
11/18/19

To remove the auto Wi-Fi hotspot, do these two steps on the Raspberry Pi console:

sudo systemctl disable autohotspot.service
In the /etc/dhcpcd.conf file remove the line that was added ("sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf"):

nohook wpa_supplicant
That's it as far as removing it. You can now run sudo raspi-config and select 2: Network Options, followed by N2: Wi-Fi and enter in your WiFi SSID and passphrase.

Hope this helps. (Next image I create won't have the auto-hotspot feature enabled -- it's created too much confusion.)

--
- Dave
  W3DJS

It worked perfectly!!
I then had a problem with not being able to get it to run without a monitor, just using VNC Viewer. It kept on telling me that it couldn't display the desktop. Easy fix once i went back into raspi-config and changed the display size.
I just set up my gps and sound card and going to hook my rig up for some FT8.
My biggest lesson was not backing up after each change. If I had from the beginning, i would have saved myself a lot of work.
To all who answered me, thanks so much for your help. I look forward to meeting you on the air.

Diane
KK4JOW