Re: Run A Windows program on Pi 4

Brian Webster

Another possible suggestion is to pick up a cheap windows tablet. In the past I have purchased RCA tables for around $140 as I recall. Touch screen windows 10 device with HDMI output and a real USB port in addition to an OTG port and separate power cable. Here is a refurb unit like I have for $80

https://smile.amazon.com/RCA-Cambio-Windows-Keyboard-Renewed/dp/B07WPG1ZSJ/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=windows%2Btablet&qid=1579635014&sr=8-7&th=1

Brian N2KGC

From: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io [mailto:RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:31 PM
To: RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio] Run A Windows program on Pi 4

Thanks for everyone who responded to my query. From what members are saying it is a nonstarter to run a windows program and will run very slowly, this could cause a problem with the sampling rate. I have been sent some information on how to do this but it looks very complicated to do. The program I want to run is Spectrum Labs for collecting data from a VLF E-Field receiver. I am now looking at using an Ubuntu image on the Pi 4 as there is software that runs under this. Once again thanks to everyone who responded with advice.
73's Peter

Join RaspberryPi-4-HamRadio@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.