Re: MoPi 2 Dead?

Daniel Holmes

The MoPi runs on 12V (well a wider range, but this is what we are using it for) and supplies 5V to the Pi.

For startup, how long did you hold in the power button? I think it needs 2-3 seconds before it powers up the Pi. And what’s the “safe discharge” setting in the library? Thirdly, did you solder a socket to the MoPi, or just stick it onto the GPIO board of the Pi? I haven’t had good luck just sticking it on, I needed to buy a header.

Dan

--
. Please pardon any mispelings or errors.

On Jan 20, 2020, at 5:52 AM, Les Keegan via Groups.Io <l_keegan@...> wrote:

I thought Pi's only need 5 volts to run not 12. Is that right?

Les Keegan
N4LPK

On Sunday, January 19, 2020, 11:27:18 PM EST, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:

After sitting for a few hours, tried again and it come right up. I hope
this is not a continued reliability issue.

Michael WA7SKG