Re: Can't upgrade buster

William Kimber

Nothing wrong at all.  You had just installed VLC and it put on the latest versions.  Then when you did update/upgrade as those were the correct, most up to date it did not need to update them.

You should have done the update/upgrade before doing the VLC install.

Cheers,

Will

On 11/01/20 7:43 am, Andrew Harmon wrote:
I just did a fresh install of vlc on raspbian buster and it installed successfully. Immediately afterwards did an update & upgrade and got
 libvlc-bin libvlc5 vlc vlc-bin vlc-data vlc-plugin-base vlc-plugin-qt vlc-plugin-skins2 vlc-plugin-video-output
Then I did sudo apt-get install libvlc-bin libvlc5 vlc vlc-bin vlc-data vlc-plugin-base vlc-plugin-qt vlc-plugin-skins2 vlc-plugin-video-output
And it worked.
Some weird circular dependencies going on here I think.