IT forum for the Ramblers RamblersIT@groups.io
Group DescriptionThis community provides a forum for discussion of Information Technology (Computing) for members of the Ramblers, which is a registered charity (England & Wales no. 1093577, Scotland no SC039799) and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales (no. 4458492). [Registered office: 2nd floor, Camelford House, 87-90 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TW.]
It is open only to members of the Ramblers, and you will be asked to provide membership details when you join. It is separate from the Ramblers and has no official standing.
To join, click where it says "Apply for membership of This Group".
You should get an email back asking for your membership details. If you have not had an email request within a day or so, check your "spam" folder in case the message has been placed there.
It may speed up the joining process if you also send an e-mail to Ramblers-Netemail@example.com with the following details
from your membership card: -
- Membership number
- RA Area and Group.
If you have problems getting onto the group, send an email with details to RamblersITfirstname.lastname@example.org
Topics for discussion might include:
- Exploiting Email for communication and distribution of information
- Development of central and local Web sites
- Rights-of-way and other specialist software
- Solution of problems
- Sharing experience
- RamblersNET for the discussion of general matters relating to the work and organisation of the Ramblers.
- RamblersFP which is concerned with public rights of way.
- 67 Members
- 15 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.