Topics

Power and SWR meter in 5" or 7" version


f4hga@...
 

Hi Johan,
Good point, thank you I was wrong here.
For the touchscreen it can work with the library provided, the source code to modify is easy.
I will search for another one, but thanks you avoid me a useless expense.

73.

Ghislain.


ik6vxf@...
 

Hi Johan,

I need a little help from you. I am loading the INO file on the Teensy 3.2 from the folder named 8875_WMmeasure from T. Hatch zip file.

But when I am loading the Teensy 3.2 Arduino program gives me a warning file:
:\Users\I6XPU\Documents\Arduino\libraries\fontsAll/fontsAll.h:6:31: fatal error: fonts/orbitron_16.c: No such file or directory-

As I am not expert in Arduino can you please tell me where do I have to put the FontsAll.h file to be read from Arduino program?

The T. Hatch zip file, in the downloading section contains two FontsAll file - one ".h" and one ".zip"!!!

Please what I have to do???

I thank you very much for the help.

Regards

Felice


ik6vxf@...
 

Hi Johan,
I tryed to burn on the Teensy 3.6, Tim's sketch, wit the file you have uploaded but always have an error report from Arduino Ide.
It is looking for same libraries and stop burning the sketch!!!
Can provide one sketch like the above display?? Yours is ok and work fine, but this screen is also interesting!!!
What do you thing about???
I do not like to overload your work, but if you can should be nice.
Best 73....
Felice



Johan G. Holstein
 

Hi Felice,

No I will not help you with Tim's sketch.... this sketch is full of errors and make no sense to me.

Best,

Johan



On 28-08-19 16:23, ik6vxf@... wrote:
Hi Johan,
I tryed to burn on the Teensy 3.6, Tim's sketch, wit the file you have uploaded but always have an error report from Arduino Ide.
It is looking for same libraries and stop burning the sketch!!!
Can provide one sketch like the above display?? Yours is ok and work fine, but this screen is also interesting!!!
What do you thing about???
I do not like to overload your work, but if you can should be nice.
Best 73....
Felice



ik6vxf@...
 

Perfect Johan,
my question was just for curiosity,
your sketch is more than enougth, I am happy and seems that it works fine.
I do know how to thank you for the time you spend for who, like me, is out in Arduino.
73'....Dear  friend.........and......as I know you......waiting for other ideas.
Regards
Felice


Andreas Fröhlke
 

hello where is the firmware for the 5 inch display with demm teensy 3.2 goes


Johan G. Holstein
 

Hi Andreas,

For now only a Teensy 3.6 can be used for the RA8875 tft display.

You can find the files in the files area.

I am busy with the Teensy4 (even cheaper than the 3.6)  all test where done and also the frequency counter works from 100KHz - 30MHz with a resolution of < 10Hz.

The only problem is time.....

Best,

Johan


On 25-9-2019 14:59, Andreas Fröhlke via Groups.Io wrote:
hello where is the firmware for the 5 inch display with demm teensy 3.2 goes


Andreas Fröhlke
 

that's too bad I bought the extra 3.2 bord and the display


Andreas Fröhlke
 

can someone please tell me which sketch is error-free for the 5 inch display


Dean Smith
 


Johan G. Holstein
 

Hi Dean,

This is an resistive touchscreen I prefer a capacitive controller, why so big screen? the resolution is still 800x 480.

Please go for a 4.3, 5.0 or 7".

Best,

Johan




On 30-9-2019 10:36, Dean Smith wrote:
just spotted a 9 inch display on ebay, would this work???
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-inch-TFT-LCD-Resistive-Touch-RA8875-Shield-for-Arduino-Due-MEGA-2560-Uno/291878600090?hash=item43f551fd9a:g:E2oAAOSw8w1X3hFi
Dean


Dean Smith
 

ok, that's fine. just thought it would be a nice idea, yes resistive is better for gloved outdoor stuff.
And another thought is the enclosure size, to keep it real :-)
Would be interesting to note what others will use to house this project with bigger screens.
Here i tend to use the 6x3 blue boxes available via ebay, as i can laser cnc the panels out of acrylic for the display,so239's, ect
Dean.


Dean Smith
 

In case anyone wonders what i mean, this may help!


Johan G. Holstein
 

Wow very nice!

Best regards,

Johan


On 30-9-2019 13:10, Dean Smith wrote:
In case anyone wonders what i mean, this may help!


Ian Miles 2W0IWM
 

Dear Johan, 

Is there any news on your sketch for the teensy 4? I have the hardware, but the existing sketch is only for the 3.6, and I really need to unwrap the Teensy 4 for this meter build.

many thanks, Ian 


Andreas Fröhlke
 

that's too bad I bought the extra 3.2 bord and the display


Federico - ik3umt
 

In my last post , where I was asking for a bigger display, I haven't look at this thread yet, forgive me, my fault.

I have this display : https://www.buydisplay.com/default/5-inch-tft-lcd-module-800x480-display-controller-i2c-serial-spi

That comes with integrated RA8875 (with 4 wire SPI mode)  and XTP2046 resistive touch controller.

Is it OK for bring the original Teensy 3.2 code by Loftur to a bigger size (maybe with some code tweaking) ??

 


Johan G. Holstein
 

Hi Federico,

Tweaking Loftur's sketch is a complicated matter and for sure not that easy!

I rewrote Loftur's sketch it takes me a lot of time to modify it for a 4.3, 5 or 7" TFT display the results are amazing!

Still based on a Teensy 3.2.

Best,

Johan



On 15-11-2019 16:17, Federico - ik3umt wrote:
In my last post , where I was asking for a bigger display, I haven't look at this thread yet, forgive me, my fault.

I have this display : https://www.buydisplay.com/default/5-inch-tft-lcd-module-800x480-display-controller-i2c-serial-spi

That comes with integrated RA8875 (with 4 wire SPI mode)  and XTP2046 resistive touch controller.

Is it OK for bring the original Teensy 3.2 code by Loftur to a bigger size (maybe with some code tweaking) ??

 


Federico - ik3umt
 

Good to know, but with all those tweaking I'm still confused....
Is your modded code (not Tim one) finished and available ?
There are few versions on file section, can I find your there ?


Johan G. Holstein
 

Frederico,
You need a Teensy 3.6 and not Teensy 3.2 for the RA8875 display, also the Teensy 3.6 must run on 240MHz too.
73' Johan


On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM Federico - ik3umt <ik3umt@...> wrote:
Good to know, but with all those tweaking I'm still confused....
Is your modded code (not Tim one) finished and available ?
There are few versions on file section, can I find your there ?