Topics

Upcoming Event: RaDAR Challenge April 4th 2020 - Sat, 04/04/2020 #cal-reminder

RaDAR@groups.io Calendar <RaDAR@...>

Reminder: RaDAR Challenge April 4th 2020

When: Saturday, 4 April 2020

View Event

Description: The next RaDAR Challenge is April 4th, 2020 UTC. RaDAR is Rapid Deployment Amateur Radio. Movement is encouraged between deployments via foot or various conveyances. Operate in a four-hour window of your choosing. No specific venue is required although parks are a natural choice. You may operate any band and mode except repeaters. Satellite and digital contacts are encouraged with bonus points. Remember it is five contacts and move. Get into the flow zone. Detail rules are available at http://radarops.co.za/index.php/radar-rules/

Eddie Leighton

Hi all RaDAR enthusiasts,

We're presently "Locked down" here in South Africa due to COVID-19 but I will be active doing RaDAR SatComms during suitable passes from home in grid KG34ac19fi.

Stay safe. 73 de Eddie ZS6BNE

Thomas Robinson

Also in Covid-19 "house arrest" due to age.  However, under the isolation terms, I am allowed out for a period of "excerise" each day provided I don't mingle with others.  Possibly a period of pedestrian mobile along a deserted beach is in order :-) if the WX is suitable.  Probably not for the full 4 hour period though.

Take care all.  Tom - G0SBW