Topics

Today's /PM Test

Thomas Robinson

Saturday, 2nd November, is the last RaDAR challenge of 2019.  If the WX is acceptable I plan to operate pedestrian mobile. Today the WX was OK so I went for a short walk to test my gear.  I covered about five kilometres in some two hours.  Was good to hear both 20m and 17m open, but not very good.  Operating with 10 W SSB from a KX3 to a 14’ (4.3m) whip I managed EW1BJ in Belarus, and TA0TA in Turkey on 20m.  On 17m I got SV6/F1RAF operating from IOTA EU075.

Not exactly a bagful of QSOs but I’m pleased the gear is still working OK after a longish layoff.

At this time of the year it gets dark early.  A couple of photos show the light at the start of the walk at 14:30Z and at the end at 16:30Z. It seems a 12:00Z to 16:00Z slot is required.  A couple more photos show the kit as packed for travelling to site and as about to be deployed.

Just hope this Saturday is  not a major European contest date:-(