Topics

M6OPV/P RaDAR Challenge 3rd November 2018

Paul

Unfortunately, at the first site as I was dropping the mast, it snapped in half due to the high wind…….therefore from the second site I used the 857 in the vehicle and the ATAS 120a antenna and at the third the MFJ-1899t (as it wasn’t so windy there). Always have a back-up eh!!!

I didn’t hear 1 RaDAR station but got 15 contacts into Europe as there was a Ukrainian competition going on. I also don’t think they were giving me ‘genuine’ reports (1 or 2 did though), especially when some of them were asking me to repeat my call sign 3/4 times due to operating QRP.

Look forward to the next one!

SITE 1 - CHAPEL FELL, COUNTY DURHAM,  ENGLAND - IO84VR40 (Yaesu FT-817 with Hyendfed 4 band ultralight antenna)

SITE 2 - Car Park, A68 Cafe, County Durham, England - IO94CP76

SITE 3 - BRUSSELTON, SHILDON, COUNTY DURHAM, ENGLAND - IO94DO87  (Yaesu FT-817 with MFJ-1899t antenna)

LOG

John Corby

Thanks for posting the pictures of the beautiful Co Durham Moors. I lived there 48 years ago and still miss that scenery!

Paul

Hi John, My pleasure, it was certainly wild up there!!! Whereabouts did you live?

N5VMO Pat

Fantastic Paul 8-)   You had a great list of contacts =)    Sorry that you did not make a  RaDAR to RaDAR contact =)    I believe Tom was out looking for you to make your RaDAR to RaDAR first contact =)

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

Paul

Hi Pat, I enjoyed every minute of it, even getting soaked (not the first time and wont be the last)!! Yes Tom was calling me on 40, however where I was, 40 was just constant noise, I will have to get his mobile number for the next one and pick a frequency to try it ha ha.

N5VMO Pat

Here is a few pictures from Saturday's outing =)
SUNP0243.JPG
The R Pi 2B+ in Smarti Pi case 7" Touch Screen =)
Running JS-8call =)

SUNP0240.JPG
The IC-7200 setting ( for the moment ) in the passenger seat =)
Using the single USB printer cable connection .... east setup =)

SUNP0241.JPG
Then the old school keyboard and mouse ( yes I do have a very small BT BK / pad =)
Just did not use it this time ..... maybe when it is a more finished installation in the truck =)

Hope you enjoyed the pictures =)  de N5VMO Pat

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 8:43 AM Paul <paul.redhead@...> wrote:
Hi Pat, I enjoyed every minute of it, even getting soaked (not the first time and wont be the last)!! Yes Tom was calling me on 40, however where I was, 40 was just constant noise, I will have to get his mobile number for the next one and pick a frequency to try it ha ha.
_._,_._,_

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

Paul

Great pics Pat..........I'm experimenting with JS8CALL at the moment, I seem to be picking stations up ok but no one can hear me ha ha ha, very confusing.