Topics

Introduction

N5VMO Pat

Thank you Norman and look forward to it =)

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Norman via Groups.Io <m0fzw=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Pat
Thank you for the welcome to RaDAR. Looking forward to many QSO's with like minded operators in 2019.
73, Norman, M0FZW

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

Norman

Pat
Thank you for the welcome to RaDAR. Looking forward to many QSO's with like minded operators in 2019.
73, Norman, M0FZW

Norman

Hi Tom
Thank you making contact and encouragement. Over the last decade HF ops for me have largely been away from home, either on holiday with my caravan or driving to QRM free locations. I started taking an real interest in /PM working some years ago after meeting with a very prolific YL /P operator, also known to you. Many informative Youtube videos have since been viewed, some yours, and books consulted, including military field op guides and the Pedestrian Mobile Handbook. I have since joined HFpack, RaDAR and VMARS. Looking forward to sharing a QSO with you.

73, Norman, M0FZW

N5VMO Pat

Hello Norman and looks like you found Tom to help you out =)    Looking forward to working you at some time in the future =)   Welcome to the group share your adventures along the way =)   73 de N5VMO Pat

Thomas Robinson

Hi Norman.  Good to see you are going to give pedestrian mobile a go.  You will be amazed at the contacts you will make from the sea wall.  With reasonable HF conditions you should be able to work good DX from your 703+ with a vertical fastened to your back pack plus a dragged counterpoise.  Back in 2003 I tested the 703+ as a pedestrian mobile rig, walking along the sea wall on the east side of the Colne Estuary , about 40 miles away from Canvey.  I was surprised to have  VK5HK come back to my CQ.  The report of those field tests is in the October 2003 Radcom.

Good luck with your /PM dxpeditions.  We should be able to have a /PM to /PM QSO - sea wall to sea wall! Hardly DX, and probably ground wave propagation,  but still, /PM to /PM is surprisingly satisfying.

73 Tom G0SBW

Norman

Hi All

Since HF QRM levels are so high at my home QTH I resorted to /P working some years ago. Last year a 10 watt IC703 Plus, LDG AATU and LiPo battery were successfully mounted on a lightweight military backpack carrier for Pedestrian Mobile working. An ex-military Clansman PRC320, with 30 watts output, was also acquired and months passed while the various accessories, required to make it a fully working /PM, were assembled. Repairs have been made and modifications are currently underway to adapt it for easier amateur operation. My home QTH is Canvey Island which is surrounded by tidal mudflats, with seawall paths giving an excellent take-off.  More at https://www.qrz.com/db/m0fzw. Looking forward to working, meeting and hearing from fellow RaDAR Members.

Norman, M0FZW