Re: RaDAR on 2Metres

N5VMO Pat

I always use to love to use the 2m and 70cm SSB and for SATs at home with my stacked pair of "Big Wheel" antennas and 300 plus watts of power =)    Easy everyday 400 mile contact and 900 mile contact into lower part of Canada =)   I still have the amps but the antennas got destroyed in the move to the apartment ... need to make more as they cost almost $150 each to buy now days and a few hundred for the power divider ( I made my own power dividers =)

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 10:30 AM Thomas Robinson via Groups.Io <g0sbw=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the comment Pat.  Yes, M0UKD's clothes pin element fastening idea works well.  Its surprising how tight they grip the elements.  If 6mm tubing is used they would be gripped even more securely.  I am quite lucky to live in a coastal area.  Even though most of the area is at (and sometimes below) sea level, there are some highish cliffs that give a good take off over the North Sea to Holland, Belgium Germany and even Scandinavia on a  day with good VHF conditions.  Local contest groups tend to gather at one point in particular,  Walton- on-the-Naze at weekends.  Being retired from work I can give it a go on week days ;-)  At my home QTH i can hear Dutch and Belgian repeaters with a very small collinear
_._,_._,_

--
73's Pat  N5VMO