Re: Introductions

KC3TOM

Hi all,
This April's RaDAR challenge will be my first.  I've fallen in love with QRP operation.  While testing a shorter/lighter wire to use with my 49:1 endfed transformer I made contact with a station in California from my front yard here in Western PA with about a 33 ft sloper antenna up about 15 feet.  I do have pretty good elevation for the region I live in.  I was using some really thin SOTA beams wire.  I about got my gear all put together and plan on hitting a trail I know.  I'll be using my Yaesu FT-817nd, love that little guy.  I've been learning CW and start the CW academy next month.  I'm trying to get more members from my club involved.  I've never been one to let the weather stop me, some come rain or shine I plan on being out there.

Cheers,
Tom - KC3TOM about 30 miles SW of Pittsburgh PA.