Re: 40m Delta Loop

N5VMO Pat

I to like loops Tom =)    When I had a house I had a 80 meter horizontal loop about 10 meters off the ground fed with 20 meters of ladder line directly into the back of my manual tuner balanced line port =)   It worked GREAT on any band 10 to 80 meters  WARP bands where a bit to tune but worked =)   I built a 10 meter vertical delta loop for a new tech ( my first Delta Loop ) that worked and tuned by changing the feed point at the top by sliding down the feed point ( RG-58 ) a bit one side to a perfect tune all across the band =)   So I will have to make a 40 and 30 meter band Delta Loop for camping =)

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 6:57 PM Thomas Robinson via Groups.Io <g0sbw=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am very fond of delta loops. My home QTH antenna is a horizontal loop for 80m. This is fed by an auto tuner quite some distance away from the shack. The antenna is fed from the atu by open wire feeder and tunes up on all bands 80 thro 10. However I have delta loops available for 20m and 17m. These are deployed in upside down pyramid and are fed by a quarter wave of 75 ohm coax. Normal 50 ohm coax from the rig to the quarter wave.  The deltas can be horizontally or vertically polarised depending on how the are deployed. I normally use them vertically polarised as dx antennas.  They perform well in this mode. Without any salt water amplifier effect I have worked Antarctica on 17m. I have not tried them portable as yet.  But I will give them a go on the salt marsh this summer.  They should work well. Bit more work to deploy compared to an end fed half wave though.

--
73's Pat  N5VMO